A Great Lakes Bay Region Law Firm
Saginaw, Midland, Bay City, and Mount Pleasant Attorneys, Lawyers, & Business Counselors

Real Estate & Land Disputes

Outside Legal Counsel can and has handled a wide range of land and real property issues including:
    Quiet Title Actions
    Wrongfully filed liens and other issues affecting clear-marketable title to property can prevent you from being able to sell your property.

    Eminent Domain
    Eminent domain (also called condemnation or taking) is a legal process wherein a government entity or another legally-empowered entity takes private property for public use.

    Zoning Ordinances and Land Use Regulations
    Private property rights are often limited by zoning and land usage laws within a jurisdiction, whether by an enforcement officer or by a neighbor. Property owners are entitled to representation in enforcing or opposing ordinance enforcements, rezonings, and variances, depending on the circumstances and characteristic of the affected property.

    Homeowners or Property Owners Associations
    Michigan law allows certain groups of individuals the right to control the use of property within a neighborhood. However, sometimes such groups act beyond their authority contrary to the interests of property owners.

    A nuisance is the non-physical intrusion by another which interferes with a private property owner's use and enjoyment of his or her property. Nuisances can include noise, dust, pollution, odor, or flooding.

    Trespass is an illegal physical intrusion onto private property of another. Trespass disputes may arise from encroachments across boundary lines and other illegal use of another's property.

    Easements and Covenants
    Easements and covenants control the legal degree of access or control others may have over private property owned by another. Various legal tools are available guarantee or restrict access for ingress and egress, utility company's equipment, and general uses of private property.

Schedule an Initial Consultation

If you are having property issues with neighbors, community members, a local government, or the public, contact an attorney at Outside Legal Counsel. Take action and call today.